The name of the village situated below the Csente peak, south-east from Sfîntu-Gheorghe (Hu: Sepsiszentgyörgy) appears in 1332 in the list of papal tithes. The name besenyő refers to the Pechenegs, suggesting that it was founded when they were relocated here.
Administratively it belongs to Moacșa (Hu: Maksa) village. Zoltán Kisgyörgy, a local historian and journalist wrote: “The elders believed that the Csente peak above Pădureni carries a thousand blessings. It retained our memories of the past, since in the last two hundred years countless archaeological findings have come from the side of this mountain, relics of the people who lived here before us.”